Thursday, February 4, 2010

My boss is looking to fire me,and making up many false job performance reports, Do i have any legal action?

I've been at the company for 4yrs before this guy come in, I had 4 wright ups.In the past yr he's wrighten me 14 times. After I've signed the wright ups he's added to them and making up poor job performance just to wright me up. I've talked to the owner and he told me that me job performance was fine and not to worry about my job,but my supervisor continued to wright me up and has the company believing that I'm a poor employee. I know that I've done nothing wrong to deserve this treatment. All the contractors that I work with always tell me that They really appreciate the job I do for them.My boss is looking to fire me,and making up many false job performance reports, Do i have any legal action?
You have to learn the art of war.





';Keep your friends near but your enemies nearer.';





Do your best to sway people's opinions. If you're positive then be MORE positive. If you're cheerful then be MORE cheerful. Eventually the company will see him in a different light.





As for him, befriend him. Be extra nice and all. This will drive him nuts and off-balanced since he is not getting the reaction he wants. ^_~My boss is looking to fire me,and making up many false job performance reports, Do i have any legal action?
You should look for another job and quit before he fire you! because after all, being fired is worse then quiting on your own decision and it won't effect your job history. find another job quickly.
Talk to the company owner, calmly explain the situation in objective terms, and inform him that if the situation continues you will have no choice but to seek legal advice. If he does not do anything about it, see a lawyer.





You can't expect to get authoritative advice here. Even what I suggest may not be the best approach.
Generally signing a write up simply means that you have been advised of being reprimanded. It does not mean that you agree with the write up. Therefore it matters not a lot what the supervisor added after you signed.





However, my advice to all employees is this -- always ask for a copy of the signed write up. Then you have one without the added/false information for your files. Plus if you ever want to prove harrassment, you have copies of all the write ups to show how extreme the supervisor was.





I can't imagine having 14 write-ups and still having a job. Makes him look like a bad supervisor.





I would start looking for that next job, just in case. If the owner hasn't stopped the supervisor's behavior by now, chances are he won't.
I havent read the other contributors comments but if you are correct then I believe you have a case of harrassment.





Look to see if you have either a dignity at work or harrassment policy. Meanwhile gather your written reviews going back since you started work and begin to keep and collate evidence.





Also refer to your capability policies which cover poor performance .......be prepared for what their course of action might be, anticipate it, and have the evidence waiting......





Good luck
You do not have to sign the write ups. The next time he puts one in front of you just turn it over and on the back write really big ';REFUSE TO SIGN'; and then initial it only. This will basically get you a grievance meeting with you and him and his superior. At which time you can explain how you are being singled out and previous write ups were altered after you signed them.
You always have legal rights no matter what document you sign. You don't have to sign it but not signing doesn't mean that the write up doesn't stand. You need to accurately document conversations that the two of you have and try to talk to this person with a neutral coworker there to take notes.





14 write ups is a lot. It almost sounds like harassment. When people write their employees up like that, they are trying to manage you out of the company--- get you to quit so they don't have to pay unemployment to you. Has your supervisor put together a plan and commitment agreement for you. Are you two having follow up meetings to help you better yourself as an employee in his eyes? Do you think this is harassment? Does he overwork you, treat you differently, says mean things in front of other workers, is his behavior affecting your work performance?





Document these issues, continue to work hard and do your best and if you answered yes to the above questions, go to his boss-- all companies have ';open door policies';-- no one deserves be harassed.

No comments:

Post a Comment