Thursday, February 4, 2010

False Fire Alarms - Who to call?

I've lived in my apartment building for almost a month now. I have no major complaints except that...


Over the past two weeks there have been several false fire alarms. It wasn't a big deal at first. It was going off during the day and would only go off for a minute or less at a time. I called the building manager that first day and she told me that they were working on it and the problem should be fixed shortly.


The thing is it's two weeks later and the alarms keep going off. Now its going off for 10 minutes or longer after 9 pm.


False alarms could cost people their lives because they won't be able to take the alarm seriously.





I can't find the number for Greystone, the property management company. Who else can I contact about this?False Fire Alarms - Who to call?
Start calling the fire dept.


The city will fine them if they don't get it fixed.False Fire Alarms - Who to call?
fire marshal
Sounds like an electical short is causing the alarm to go off. Has the fire dept.been out? I would call the fire dept that responds to your complex and explain to them what is going on. They will send someone out to check on the system and to speak to management about this problem. Its as bad as the boy who cried wolf......
I don't know their number, but I would call the fire department every time it goes off. I'll bet the management company will listen when the fire department tells them they're going to get fined for false alarm complaints. Good luck!!
The building probably has a problem with the alarm control panel... There could be some sort of fault or trouble with the panel causing the alarm to go off. If the panel is in view (the lobby somewhere) and not in a storage room or basement, take a look when you walk past it to notice if there are any trouble lights on. Or you can request which company has installed the alarm and phone them and explaining the problem and complain to the building manager demanding to have a technician come in to work on the system.
I found 3 phone numbers for Greystone management.


Here is the link to see it.


http://www.yellowpages.com/name/CA/greys鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment